Monday, May 9, 2011

Introducing myself!


Hi!  My name is Angie and I'm going to keep a record of my journey of trying to get fit and lose weight while being a stay at home mom with two small children and on a budget.
So to start off I weigh 240lbs...my goal weight is 140.  I can not run.  I think what I can do is considered a jog, but let's face it, it's not pretty and I can only keep it up for a minute at best.  My goal is to train for a Triathlon sprint.  I love to swim, riding a bike sounds like fun, but the running part, well that sounds like pure torture to me!
I can't afford a gym membership and all my exercise must be done with my kids ages almost 4 and 2.  They need to do this with me for two reasons: First, I think it is important that they see Mommy making good life style choices and taking care of her body. Second, I can't afford to have someone else watch them while I work out.  
Back to the plan...I'm not worried about the swimming part of the triathlon.  While I would LOVE to spend most of my training time in the pool, it's just not going to happen for the two reasons I listed above.  Those, and can you imagine trying to pull them along in a boat or something! Crazy! I also used to swim competitivly as a child and like so many other things, it comes back like riding a bike. So I'm left with doing a bulk of my training as running and biking.  I plan to use a very conservative training plan so that I don't hurt myself and I can stick to it.
So I guess I'll be using my sit and stand for the walking part and I need to figure out something for the bike part.  I am fortunate that I have acess to a treadmill and a stationary bike and may start out with those.  So wish me luck and join me as I'm sure it's going to be quite an adventure! 

1 comment:

  1. Angie,
    You can do anything you put your mind to ! My best wishes & prayers go with you on your very special journey, little ones and all !
    Love, Pat

    ReplyDelete