Friday, May 13, 2011

Day 5

Today I walked a mile to gymnastics class and back for a total of two miles.  My pace was pretty good for walking along a street which means lots of stop lights.  I also ran for at least two minutes I think. I didn't have my phone on me so I could time myself, but I was pushing to finish the big block before our house which is the equivalent of three regular blocks.  I'll have to look up how far it is on google maps.

I tried out the bike with the trailer, but I hate it.  It is really heavy and hard to steer. I can't see the kids or the trailer to keep them on the side walk.  It is the most horrible invention ever!  I'm going to have to find another solution to my biking needs, one where I can at least see the kids. I can't imagine going on an hour bike ride and not being able to keep an eye on them. Plus I'm sure they don't want to be looking at my backside the whole time either!

My husband says that I carry myself better. He likes the way I'm holding and moving my body.  I don't know what I'm doing different, but I do know that I feel better about myself.  I'm proud of myself for taking care of my body and showing my kids how to make healthier choices.

It's time for nap, so I need to go, but I'll post again later.

My son is hanging on my arm telling me that I need to brush my teeth before nap so I don't get cavities because cavities because they hurt "really a lot!"  He is such a caring child!

Sigh.....I'm back much sooner than I thought, the nap battle has begun so I'll blog while I wait for them to be quiet.

This weekend is going to be my first real challenge. I am baking a graduation cake. I bake as a hobby, and I need to figure out how I'm going to keep my hobby and not let myself taste test into trouble.  I want to try to make a few recipes that are actually rather healthy, but taste awesome as well. I'm also working up the guts to blog about my fears of loosing weight. It's hard to not look at this as a journey with an end, but that I'm making life style changes. I want my family to be active. I want us to be healthy. Not just me but my husband and kids as well. I want to be able to go for a hike on a Saturday or Sunday when we have nothing planned. I want us to go for bike rides for fun, but also as a form of transportation.  There is no reason why I shouldn't feel confident about riding to the stores we frequent or even the stores that are in the next town over.  I want this life, but it is kinda scary as well.

I'm going to see what options are out there for riding with the kids....I hope there are some real options.

No comments:

Post a Comment