Monday, May 9, 2011

Day 1 continued

Two minutes is FOREVER!  I thought, it's just two minutes, I can do that...but DANG....I'm really out of shape!  It seems impossible that I will ever be able to run a 5k.  I can tell I'm going to run into some problems.  Number one...walking on a treadmill is BORING.  The kids had enough after about 15 minutes too.  So today I walked for 3 minutes, ran my 2 minutes and then was on the bike for 10 minutes.  I think we will head outside tomorrow for sure.  I picked up a used bike trailer so we will try it out.  There is a lake about a mile away that has a mile trail around it so I'd like to start using that to train.  I'm kinda scared about the first time though...what if something breaks or worse...what if I can't make it.  Getting fit is hard work...but it's worth it....right? Someone? Anyone?  The other major challenge for me is going to be staying hydrated. I just forget to drink until I'm parched.  The training guide says to work out just every other day, but I think I'm going to try for every day.  I'll just repeat the day before.  So we'll see how tomorrow goes:)

No comments:

Post a Comment