Friday, May 27, 2011

Day 19

Back on track!  I did my regular work out today.  I did four 1 1/2 minute jogging intervals and biked for 26 minutes.  I managed to go .1 mile for every interval.  I'm proud of myself for slowly increasing my endurance.  I know I just need to keep pushing myself.  I've looked up some triathlons in the area for the end of the season and there are a few I might try to get into.  It really depends on if I can get the Zigo Leader or not.  As long as we are stuck in doors 30 minutes is pretty much the most my kids can handle before I'm needing to get off the bike and chase them down or separate them!  My Mom is officially on Summer Vacation so that will help as well.  I hope to get into the habit of training first thing in the morning while it is still cool out.  The summer highs can reach into the 100's so there is no way I'm going out in the afternoon!

I wrote myself a note on the bathroom mirror as to some short term goals.  First off, I only have one pair of jeans left in the size I'm wearing now, and I wore a hole in one of the knees.  I don't want to buy another pair of jeans in this size.  I have some jeans in the next size down, so I'm hoping that I can fit into the next size down before my current jeans end up in the trash.  I also found an amazing deal on craigslist for small jump and slide inflatable for my son's birthday.  I spent almost my whole party budget on it, but the kids love it and it will provide lots of exercise for them this summer.  Anyway the weight limit on it is 250lbs and my son keeps begging me to go on it with them.  So I need to loose the weight of my children so I can play on the "jumpy castle" with them.  Having shorter term goals is helping me stay focused and training.

I have also found that Extra's dessert delights are helpful in keeping me from snacking at night.  Night time is when I get my worst cravings and end up snacking the most as well, so my wonderful husband has kept me in supply of mint chocolate chip and strawberry shortcake gum:)  He even went out at 9:30 last night to buy some just so I wouldn't snack on anything.  It is wonderful to have such great support:)

Does anyone have any tips for staying hydrated?  I've been trying to drink a G2 everyday, but let's face it, that is getting expensive.  Can I make my own for less?  Any ideas?

Keep posted tomorrow as I'm going to celebrate my 20th day of training with a giveaway!!!

2 comments:

  1. If the reason why you're drinking G2 is because you want flavor instead of just water, try making big water jugs of Crystal Light instead. That's what we have in our fridge (two different flavors all the time). However, if you're thinking G2 is some magical hydrator, I have heard from various fitness experts that it's not worth it unless you are seriously seriously working out. Like, you've sweated off 10lbs in an hour working out. Otherwise it's just flavored water, because you haven't depleted the nutrients it is supposed to replenish. So maybe drink it directly after a workout only? And switch to Crystal Light or just plain water (I swear, you'll get used to the lack of flavor after a while)? Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Liz:)

    I am drinking it right after a work out and it seems to help me stay hydrated. I only drink water and almond milk, so it's not the lack of flavor or fluids. I had this problem when I was pregnant this last time. I was drinking water like crazy but my amniotic fluid was low and it wasn't until I added a bottle of G2 a day that I was able to retain the water I needed. I'm not sure why it worked and neither did my doctor but it kept our Princess happy and safe:) Thanks for the info though:) Love you too:)

    ReplyDelete